After receiving comments from local residents in letters and at surgeries about the differences between the Conservatives and Labour, by popular demand, this section has been created to shed light on what Labour say and do.
- Labour Councillors continue to lie about the future of Lydiard Park, and oppose to even consider the idea of the setting up of a Heritage Trust to remove game playing and political interference with this important Swindon park
- Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan caught stating of campaign leaflet that he helped persuade retain local bus services, when the truth is that he was silent and never spoke to those in charge.
- Official Council figures published in a Freedom of Information request show Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan has reported just one pothole in 12 months, while Conservative Councillor reports over 60 issues
- Labour Councillors and parliamentary candidate launches Council election campaign claiming Conservative are selling off Lydiard Park as part of an asset stripping campaign
- Labour Councillor for Covingham & Dorcan announces to the world on Facebook that he has a new job in Scotland
- Tax payers money to be spent on a Christmas “ in Parks” thanks to Labour Councillors
- Labour Cllr Julian Price should be ashamed of his latest leaflet says Covingham Parish Council
- Labour proposes for a second time to spend upto £150,000 on improvements to buildings set to be demolished!
- Labour Councillor for Covingham & Dorcan caught telling pork pies again!
- Labour Councillor fails again to speak up for Coleview as Conservatives retain Bus Service
- Labour Councillor for Covingham & Dorcan speaks up for Penhill, but not local residents on Labour plans to build 300 Council houses a year if they run the Council
- Labour Councillor for Covingham & Dorcan issues two negative press releases against local Conservative Councillor but fails to call, write or speak to him about the issue! Opposition by media only
- Labour Councillor for Covingham & Dorcan asks Conservative Cllr to explain implication of his own vote six months after Labour voted to cut £100k from local libraries. The Conservatives find the £100k for Libraries and every Labour Cllr votes against the measure.
- Labour Councillor for Liden, Eldene & Park South claims on twitter that the Village Centre improvement budget has been cut from £450k to £300k, yet takes Conservative Councillor less than 1 hour while on holiday to debunk the claim.
- Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan is discovered to yet again fail to speak up with Coleview residents on saving the bus service, but then claims he was campaigning for it in the local paper!
- Same Labour Councillors advocate spending £150,000 on a shopping area that will be demolished
- Two Labour Councillors for Liden, Eldene & Park South run to the local newspaper about village centre improvements work, yet contacts for the first time the Cabinet Member the day after the article is printed!
- Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan admits at a public meeting in Covingham that he hasn’t met Environment Agency, Taylor Wimpey or Council officers to tackle a problem with Coleview/Oakley Park bridge and eyesore fencing – three months after running to the press for a picture with Labour members over the issue. Instead he asked the local Conservative Councillor to provide an update.
- Labour Councillors for the neighbouring Parks ward shamefully tell residents that the Conservatives do not have ward surgeries, and publically say they are pleased to have helped
- Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan has attended an average of just 1 official council meeting a month since being elected in May 2012, while at the same time the Labour Group Leader criticizes the Libdems for lack of attendance.
- Labour start delivering negative by-election campaign leaflets 72 hours after the funeral of the popular Conservative Councillor Rex Barnett, and endorsed by the Labour Parliamentary candidate for North Swindon
- Labour Councillor for Mannington & Western calls Conservatives liars on twitter
- North Swindon Parliamentary Candidate for Labour says Politics should be about Policy and Vision but as Deputy leader of Labour Councillors refuses to talk to his colleagues about negative campaigning, inflammatory language, and misleading claims to local residents
- Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan refuses to work with his two Conservatives Councillor colleagues to help tackle ward issues
- Coleview bus service is extended by six months to November 2013, and its confirmed Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan didn’t meet or ask those in charge like the Conservative Cabinet Member for Transport to keep the service!
- Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan launches personal attacks in letters to residents of Coleview and Liden accusing local Conservatives of “betraying residents”
- Council Attendance figures are published by Swindon Borough Council, and the Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan is discovered to have attended an average of one meeting a month since being elected in May 2012 – 16 meetings in 12 months
- All Labour Councillors vote against a Nythe Parish being created for Nythe residents and households saving upto £70 a year each, and Labour Councillor for Covingham and Dorcan claims only one person has spoken to him about it!
- All Labour Councillors vote for keeping areas of Headlands and other streets in the Labour jeld ward of Upper Stratton & Penhill out of Stratton Parish Council because “it would hike Council Tax by £70”! Their own words
- Labour group proposes cuts to Covingham Library and Liden Library in their Council budget. In contrast the Conservatives found the money to save both libraries.
- Every Swindon Labour Councillor votes against the Conservative budget for a Council Tax Freeze
- Labour Parliamentary Candidate, and Deputy Swindon Labour group Councillor proposes Swindon Borough Council videos Full Council meetings. Later transpires in March 2013, that same Councillor advocates to Conservative Cabinet that the option involving a cost of £600 a meeting should be agreed, Conservatives say no and support volunteers, not Council money being spent on his pet project.
- Labour Councillors refuse to vote for a motion led by two Conservative Councillors that “The provision of Infrastructure in the Eastern Villages is of huge concern to local residents and local Councillors on the East of Swindon, particularly the issue of traffic.” and series of actions to help tackle the problem.