Kevin Parry Selected As Conservative Candidate
Popular local resident Kevin Parry has been selected as the Conservative candidate in the May 2014 local elections. If elected he will work alongside Councillors Dale Heenan and Richard Hurley.
He represented the former neighbouring Dorcan ward from 2008-2012 until the boundary changes, where he was a pro-active, hard-working local Councillor:
- Provided an immediate and positive response to all casework
- Held joint monthly surgeries with the Police
- Secured the refurbishment of local play parks and the construction of the multi-use games area
- Led road safety campaigns and secured major road resurfacing work
- Secured a change in Council policy on domestic violence to further help and support victims
- Worked all year round to be a strong and positive voice for the local community
Kevin Parry, “As a local resident, a family man with a wife and two children. I have lived locally most of my life, having gone to Liden Primary and Dorcan Secondary Schools and now having worked for Honda for over 20 years. If elected there will be no-one who will work harder to champion our local area. I am a strong believer that local people can make a difference and this is why I am standing to become a Councillor for the Covingham and Dorcan Ward”.